Your Online Presence
On average, online bookings for the accommodation sector comprise in excess of 40% of total room nights. Research undertaken on behalf of Wotif reveals that the growth of online business will continue to grow at a substantial rate over the coming years.
It is increasingly important that the hospitality industry, specifically your property, is able to tap into this most important source of business. The Online Presence conference will provide you with a blue print on not only how you can go about tapping into the market but how you can maximise your performance in this growing and most significant distribution channel.
When reviewing your Online Presence, you need to ask the following questions:
- Is my website performing?
- Do we obtain more bookings on our website than is achieved through third party websites?
- If not why not? Check out the Accommodation Sector Best Practice Website design as a starter.
- Has our website been optimised to be found by Search Engines (SEO)?
- Have you undertaken Search Engine Marketing (Pay per click campaigns) on the site?
- How do I optimise my performance on Third Party Sites?
- Which Third Party Sites should I be on?
- What is Channel Management?
- Would Channel Management be good for my business?
- Is the property featured on Social Media?
- Do I personally know enough about social media and the application it has for my property?
- How should I communicate with my clients online?
- How often should we email our clients?
- What do we communicate?
- What external options are there to build our client base?
- How do I build an effective email database?
- How do I measure what these activities achieve?
- What is the Return on Investment (ROI)?
- What is Reputation Management?
- What effect does Reputation Management have on my property?
- What is Brand Hijacking?
- Is Brand Hijacking important and what can be done about it?
The answer to these and many more questions can be found at the Online Presence conference.